Friday, July 13, 2012

Going to the chapel.....

EEEEEK my wedding is in 8 days! I cannot believe it is finally here. My mom and I have been working so hard planning for a year and a half and it will be so nice to see all of it pay off next week. I had so many amazing people that helped us plan this special day. I want to give a special thank you to Julie, Donna and Nina. Without these special ladies I don't know what we would have done. I love all of you! It looks like it will probably be raining all week next week but surprisingly I am not upset about it. I am just excited and ready to marry the greatest man in the world :)

With wedding madness approaching I have decided to watch wedding themed movies all week to prepare myself to walk down the aisle. Here are some of my favorites:

1. Father of the Bride

Howard Weinstein: [on the phone] Mr. Banks, this is Howard Weinstein. Franck's Executive Assistant. I... ave... your estimate for you.
George Banks: I can barely hear you!
Howard Weinstein: I'm in my car going through Water Canyon. Call you back?
George Banks: No, no, no. I want the estimate. How much? What's the damage?
Howard Weinstein: Well, everything from the flowers, to the honeymoon limo...
George Banks: Ok, everything. How much?
Howard Weinstein: [cutting out] - dred and - ifty a -ead.
George Banks: You're breaking up. It sounded like you said 150 a head.
Howard Weinstein: No, no!
George Banks: Good. I was about to kill myself.
Howard Weinstein: It's 250 a head. 



2. The Wedding Date

 Nick Mercer: The hardest thing is loving someone and then having the courage to let them love you back.


3. Bride Wars

Emma: [to Liv] Your wedding's gonna be huge, just like your ass at prom.
Liv: Your wedding can suck it.


4. My Best Friend's Wedding

Isabelle Wallace: George, this is so sweet of you to come to our rehearsal. I insist you stay on to lunch.
Kimmy Wallace: Oh yes.
Julianne Potter: No, no, no, no, no... Absolutely...
George Downes: Love to! Love the bag, love the shoes, love everything. Love to!


5. Steel Magnolias

Truvy: What are your colors, Shelby?
Shelby: My colors are "blush" and "bashful."
M'Lynn: Her colors are "pink" and pink."
Shelby: My colors are "blush" and "bashful" Mama!
M'Lynn: How precious is this weddin' gonna get, I ask you?

 and the best groom's cake ever made....

6. Love Actually
*I know this movie is not technically wedding themed but its one of my favorites of all time! And its about love, so it works!

Prime Minister: Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often, it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know, none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion... love actually is all around.




Well that's it for now! Talk to ya soon ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment